SERISS Event at ESRA
Results from the SERISS Project will be presented during a dedicated event at the ESRA Conference in Zagreb on Wednesday (17 July) from 5.30pm at FEB Library.
As partner of this EC funded project, EVS will be present at the event showcasing the SERISS project.
SERISS is a four year collaboration between six of Europe’s social science infrastructures – the European Social Survey (ESS ERIC), the Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe(SHARE ERIC), the Consortium of European Social Science Data Archives (CESSDA AS), the Generations and Gender Programme(GGP); the European Values Study (EVS) and the WageIndicator Survey.
The project, which ends in August 2019, is intended to ensure that Europe’s social science data infrastructures are equipped to play a major role in addressing the key societal challenges facing Europe today and that national and European policymaking is built on a solid base of the highest quality socio-economic evidence.
It aims to overcome fragmentation among research infrastructures and foster interoperability, harmonisation and innovation by:
- Addressing key challenges for cross-national data collection
- Breaking down barriers between infrastructures through shared tools
- Embracing the future of social sciences through new forms of data and modes of data collection
SERISS has produced a range of outputs relevant to survey researchers including:
- An inventory of sampling frames available across Europe and resources to assist in gaining access to population registers for survey sampling;
- New evidence on close vs. adaptive survey translations;
- Online tools to facilitate questionnaire design and documentation, translation management, fieldwork monitoring, ex-post variable harmonisation and overall survey management;
- Guidelines for combining survey data with social media and administrative data;
- Data and documentation from the world’s first cross-national probability-based online panel;
- Tools and databases for harmonised coding of occupation, industry and education.
This interactive event will provide an opportunity to hear more about project activities, test out a SERISS tools and speak to the experts involved.
There will also be an opportunity to learn about how the data produced by each of the SERISS research infrastructures is being used to address the grand societal challenges facing Europe.
SERISS will host a drinks reception alongside this event.
Please join us to learn more about these exciting developments in European survey research.
The SERISS project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 654221
Read more about the involvement of EVS in the SERISS project here.