Call for submissions
Survey Methods: Insights from the Field launched the Call for Submission for the special issue on ” “Advancements in Online and Mobile Survey Methods”, sponsored by German Society for Online Research (DGOF).
Guest editors: Bella Struminskaya (Utrecht University and DGOF) & Florian Keusch (University of Mannheim and DGOF).
This special issue invites research articles of about 4,000 words. Topics on the advancement of the methodology of online and mobile surveys include, but are not limited to:
- Coverage, sampling, nonresponse, measurement, adjustment, and weighting in online and mobile web surveys
- Online panel quality and panel research
- Survey design and survey gamification
- Comparing online and mobile web surveys to traditional approaches (face to face, telephone, paper)
- Use of paradata and passive measurement, including but not limited to, the research on consent and privacy
- Combining self-reports from online and mobile surveys with data from other sources (e.g., passive mobile data collection through apps and sensors, social media data, administrative records)
- Emergent forms of data collection, including chat-bots and survey messengers, voice recordings, photo and video upload, and others
Submissions to the special issue are welcome until 15 January 2020. The special issue will be published in October/November, 2020.
Read the full call for detailed information on submission and timeline.