Final release of the EVS 2017 Integrated Datasets
The final release of the EVS 2017 includes data and documentation of altogether 37 participating countries and two surveys of minorities.
What is new in the final release?
- Latvia conducted the survey in 2021 and was included in the Integrated Dataset.
- Ukrainian data published as an individual country dataset in May 2021 is also included in the Integrated Dataset.
- New harmonized variables for education: ISCED 1997 (one-digit) and 8-categories variables included ensuring comparability with previous waves.
The release includes three integrated datasets:
- The EVS 2017 Integrated Dataset (ZA7500) contains data from 59.438 respondents and 36 countries.
- The EVS 2017 Integrated Dataset – Matrix Design Data (ZA7502) includes data from about 10.500 respondents and the four countries (DE, IS, CH, NL) that applied the matrix design.
- The EVS2017 Integrated Dataset – Sensitive Data (ZA7501) contains data that could not be included in the SUF because of data protection concerns. Due to the sensitive nature of the data, its use is subject to specific contractual regulations.
In addition and due to their specific samples, individual datasets for Greece (ZA7546), the Swedish minority in Finland (ZA7549), and the Hungarian minority in Romania (ZA7550) are published in the context of EVS 2017.
For more information, please go to EVS Survey 2017.
The data and documentation are accessible through the GESIS data collection at GESIS- Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences.