The full release of the EVS2017 includes data and documentation of altogether 35 participating countries and two surveys of minorities. As previous waves (1981, 1990, 1999, 2008), the fifth wave maintains a persistent focus on a broad range of values.
The release includes three integrated datasets:
- The EVS 2017 Integrated Dataset (ZA7500) contains data from 56.491 respondents and 34 countries.
- The EVS 2017 Integrated Dataset – Matrix Design Data (ZA7502) includes data from about 10.500 respondents and the four countries (DE, IS, CH, NL) that applied the matrix design. Please consult the documentation describing the concept behind the composition of the two EVS 2017 integrated datasets (GESIS Papers Guide to mixed-mode approach and matrix design).
- The EVS2017 Integrated Dataset – Sensitive Data (ZA7501) contains data that could not be included in the SUF because of data protection concerns. Due to the sensitive nature of the data, its use is subject to specific contractual regulations. The contract allowing for off-site access can be downloaded here.
In addition and due to their specific samples, individual datasets will be released in the context of EVS2017.
- European Values Study 2017: Greece, ZA7546, v1-0-0, doi:10.4232/1.13512.
- European Values Study 2017: Finland – Swedish minority, ZA7549, v1-0-0, doi:10.4232/1.13513.
- European Values Study 2017: Romania – Hungarian minority, ZA7550, v1-0-0, doi:10.4232/1.13562.
For more information, please go to the EVS Survey 2017.
The data and documentation is accessible through the GESIS data collection at GESIS- Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences.